Tuesday, April 5, 2016

If You Need Help, Ask

Greetings,
I recently received an FM Transmitter for the car as a gift. But this is not about that, it is about the user manual that came with the product. It contains the usual directions for set up and is in several languages. When you come to the page called "Precautions" it has the usual bulleted list such as "Never use in moist or underwater conditions," I thought Oh darn! I can't use this in my submarine..
It continues with "Never use in direct sunlight." That one's understandable, but the second to last on the list is where the writer runs into trouble. Its obvious that they needed more help translating what they were trying to say in English. You wonder, did the translator go to lunch and the typist decided to try and continue without them? How hard could it be, this writing in English thing? Here's what they came up with: "Never fall it down to floor."

That isn't even remotely close to being correct, but it certainly made my day! I'll make sure I "never fall it down to floor."  LOL.  :D
Have a Happy Week!

P.S. If you or someone you know needs proofreading or copy editing services, feel free to e-mail me and I'll be glad to help.

No comments:

Post a Comment